JIST Career Solutions Releases the Quick Financial Literacy Guide
ST. PAUL, Minn. (January 20, 2018) – According to the National Foundation for Credit Counseling’s 2017 Financial Literacy Survey, nearly half of Americans feel they do not have sufficient personal financial knowledge. Nearly two out of every five carry significant credit card debt and one third have no retirement savings.
A new booklet from JIST Career Solutions aims to address these statistics and put people on track to personal finance success. Organized into five steps, the Quick Financial Literacy Guide provides a detailed, easy-to-understand overview of personal finances that will enable readers to improve their money management skills.
Each of the five steps contains an in-depth explanation of important financial topics. They also include relevant tips, vocabulary and worksheets for self-evaluation. The guide concludes with a concise glossary of financial literacy terms for easy reference.
- Step one helps readers take stock of their own financial situation through guidance on understanding income and setting financial goals.
- Step two concentrates on banking and budgeting, providing readers with tools to create a personalized budget.
- Step three teaches readers about credit and debt and how to handle them responsibly.
- Step four presents readers with different options for saving and investing.
- Step five helps readers understand consumer rights and the various types of insurance.
As part of JIST’s renowned Quick Series, this step-by-step guide is tailored to individuals who struggle with budgeting, overcoming debt and taking their first steps toward a financially secure future. Through the information and exercises provided, readers will gain the crucial knowledge and skills they need to feel secure about their finances.
The Quick Financial Literacy Guide is available in print and as an eBook from JIST Career Solutions.
About JIST Career Solutions
JIST is a division of New Mountain Learning. For more than 35 years, JIST’s solutions have helped millions of people plan their educations and careers, find jobs and succeed in the world of work. Founded in 1981, JIST is one of the nation’s leading providers of print and digital career development solutions, including assessments, workbooks, videos and more. These learning solutions are widely used throughout the workforce development, K-12 and post-secondary markets.